How does lead get into the body?
- Putting hands or other objects into the mouth covered with lead dust or particles
- Eating paint chips
- Breathing in lead dust
Lead effects on the body
- Damage to the brain and central nervous system
- Behavior and learning problems
- Slowed growth Hearing problems
- Difficulties during pregnancy or reproductive problems
- High blood pressure.
- Digestive problems
- Nerve disorders….
Where can lead be found
Windows/doors Drinking water (Lead Pipes)
Any painted surface Old toys / furniture…