Carbon Monoxide


It is produced by incomplete fuel consumption or poor ventilation of fuel burning appliances such as oil or gas.

Symptoms: Flu like symptoms, Fatigue, Drowsiness, Weakness, Nausea, Shortness of breath, Red or burning eyes, Persistent headaches.

Why is it so dangerous?

There are approximately 250 deaths annually from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

It is odorless, tasteless and colorless gas.

It is very difficult to detect.

PROTECTION FROM CO2

Install Carbon Monoxide detector in the living space and adjacent to any gas burning appliance

Have a professional check and service the furnace annually

Ensure all vent / exhaust pipes are properly connected, pitched and sealed

Moisture or condensation on window panes may indicate a ventilation or combustion problem.

Carbon monoxide will probably not be able to be detected during a visual home inspection. Your inspector will advise you on areas where there may be a carbon monoxide problem and where carbon monoxide detectors should be installed.